Thursday 17 April 2014

Nails for a Princess: Jasmine

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to introduce my new series here on my blog. If you follow me on twitter then you already know what this is. Since I have an obsession with painting my nails and all things Disney, I thought what's better than combing the two together! That's how I created my new Disney princesses inspired nail art series called 'Nails for a Princess'. I'm really, really, REALLY excited about this guys (if you haven't already been able to tell). I think this could be really fun and I hope you guys like it just as much as I do.

For all my non-nail artist viewers don't stress, I'm going to being doing a range of nail designs from beginner all the way to expert nail art. I want to make this something that covers a range of difficulties so even my beginner nail painters can give them a try.

The first design I have for you today is inspired by the lovely princess Jasmine from Disney's Aladdin.



Disney Princess: Jasmine (Aladdin)

Difficulty: 1.5/5 

What you'll need:
- a light blue nail polish (I used Essie's Mint Candy Apple)
- a sparkly gold polish (preferably with fine glitter)
- a matte top coat 
- a nail file

Instructions: 
1. First use your file and shape your nails into a point.
2. Paint each nail two coats with your light blue polish. Then LET DRY.
3. Paint one coat of your top coat on each nail. Then LET DRY.
4. With your gold polish using the side of the brush make a line at the tip of your nail from the outer corner of one side of your nail to the middle, then do the same thing on the other side of the nail towards the center. And there you have it a supper easy nail design that resembles Jamine's outfit and looks super stylish!


Please tweet me @Dream_inStyle and add a picture if you want, if you've done this nail art design and use the hashtag #DISprincessnails. 


No comments:

Post a Comment