Sunday 7 July 2013

DIY: Perfume Tray

I thought it was time again for me to show you a fun and quick 'do it yourself' project. I have quite a few perfumes and I wasn't sure where I should be keeping them; one day when I was rummaging through my basement I came across some older antique picture frames and thats when the idea hit me! Why not make cool perfume trays out of them, so that's what I did.

This is the tray I made 



What you'll need:
-a picture frame of some sort (I prefer ones with a large ornate frame like above)
-some decorate paper (I just used some scrapbooking paper)
-and 4 little felt circle stick ons (These are used at each corners so the tray doesn't scrap the surface it's on)
-scissors


Step by step:
1. you need to cut the paper to fit inside the frame, the easiest way I've found to do it is by taking out the glass from the frame and using that as a guide to for the scrapbooking paper.
2. then you just place the glass (this is important to have the glass in it other wise it won't work as a tray) and your scrapbooking paper into the frame
3. next take your four felt pieces and place one at each corner to prevent scrapping.
4. turn over your tray add your favorite perfumes on top and there you have it a gorgeous and simple to make perfume tray!


If you create this perfume tray send me a picture on twitter @Dream_inStyle with the hashtag #DIYTray for a retweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment